In June 1953 Montse finished High School. The marks, taken after changing schools, improved: she reached a "outstanding" in music and family formation, they sailed between a "very good"and "pass" in other subjects and decidedly shipwrecked in Literature. Fortunately, they remained in unstable equilibrium "a fluke", with Latin. They have kept some of the exercises: "ubi?, Where in quo? Where, unde? Hence". They seemed to excite Montse much at that age,and understandably,the declensions and cases of that language. And it was clear that literature was not for her. In Piano she obtained an "outstanding", and Solfege, excellent with distinction. What really did excite her was the catechesis,organized by their teachers, which was provided to the more modest girls in a suburb of Barcelona: "I remember, says her mother, many Sundays ... that was a joy! She used to take toys, books, candy ... " Mother Maria Eugenia, one of her teachers, remembers her as a simple girl, loved by all, and a little shy. Possibly, a desire to give her soul to God. If so, this would not be nothing exceptional. It is likely that many of her classmates also dreamed of surrendering to God. These desires were relatively frequent and generous within those Christian families like the Grases-true seedbed of vocations for the Church, which were lit from small ideals of holiness and devotion. Cejas, 93
Montserrat Grases International Prize (1941-1959)
No purchase necessary.
1. Topic: the life of Montse Grases
COMIC DRAWING CATEGORY. This contest is open to any young person between the ages of 9 and 14 at the time of entry
DIGITAL ANIMATION CATEGORY. This contest is open to any young person between the ages of 14 and 21 at the time of entry
3. How to enter:
Comic Drawing Category: Draw a comic based on the life of Montse Grases. Drawings must be created by hand on a standard piece of paper (folio, DIN A4 or similar). Any technique can be used: pencil, pastel, crayon, watercolour, etc. Extension: between 2 and 3 pages. Each student need to include his/her full name, age, the name and address of the school, the name of the teacher and a valid e-mail contact address on the back of his/her drawing.
Digital Animation Category: presentation of an original animation work (2D, 3D, Stop motion, etc.) between 1 and 3 minutes. Entries must be sent on CD or DVD support and in flv format
4. Language: Works can be presented in Spanish, Catalan or English (or in any other language if translation is provided)
5. Deadline: May 20, 2013. Results will be published in www.montsegrases.org on May 27, 2013.
6. Judging Criteria: All eligible entries received during the contest period will be judged by a panel of qualified judges based on the following criteria: 1) originality and creativity; 2) artistic skill; 3) demonstration of theme
7. Prizes: The first prize for the comic drawing category will be a netbook. The first prize for the digital animation category will be a video camera. The second prize for both categories will be a digital camera. The jury can declare void any of the prizes if the entries lack of quality or demonstration of the theme.
8. Ownership: Entrants further grant to the Contest the right to use and publish their works, online and in print, in connection with the Contest
All entries must be sent to:
Montserrat Grases International Prize
C/ dels Joncs, s/n
08902 L'Hospitalet de Llobregat (Barcelona) Spain
Phone: (00) 34 93 263 79 90
Montse has been in the social networks thanks to an iniciative that already has more than two hundred followers from all over the world.
Some people have linked their blogs or made their comments in French, English, Arabic or Spanish.
Click here to get to know it.
Montserrat Grases was born in Barcelona on July 10, 1941. Montse, as she was known by everyone, had 8 siblings. Her parents sought to create a family climate in which sincere faith was fostered, with great respect for the children’s freedom.
The celebrations to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the passing of Montserrat Grases will be held in Oratorio de Santa Maria de Bonaigua, Everyone is welcome.
18:00 Round table (auditorium)
19.30h Holy Mass
C/ Jiménez Iglesias, 1
The image of Our Lady of Montserrat in Montse's room. Once it was restored, it has been placed in the Crypt.